My Veggi Chili
You need the following stuff to make my vegetarian chili. It should be enough for 2-3 people and it takes roundabout 2.5 hours to perpare.
- 1 large can of kidney beans (they usually contain 800g)
- 1 small can of backed beans in tomato sauce (they usually contain 400g)
- 20g tomato puree
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 bell peppers (with the color of your choice)
- 1 small can of corn
- 2 tea spoons of chili powder or grounded dried chilies
- 2 table spoons of rose paprika powder
- 1 tea spoon of cacao powder
- 1 half cup wheat flower
- 1 cup of water
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Cut the onions and the garlic into small pieces and saute in olive oil.
Now things got be quick. Make sure you have all cans open and handy. Remove the liquid from kidney beans. Add the flour to the oil and stir it quickly. Then put in the water till you have a creamy souce. Add the tomato puree.
Put in beans, afterwards the chili powder, the paprika powder, the cacao and a table spoon of salt and pepper. Lower the heat.
Let it cook for at least two hours and stir it from time to time.
Now add the vegetables. Don't let it cook for too long.
At the end you can add more spices according to you taste. If you like it more hot add pepper and chili powder. If you think it might lacks flavor add a bit of salt and paprika powder.
Serve with rice or fresh white bread.